Monday, June 8, 2015

Jurassic Park Dinner

To celebrate the opening of Jurassic World, we did a dinner for Jurassic Park!  My husband is a middle school band teacher and he even had his kids play the theme from Jurassic Park in a concert!  We are in it to win it!


*special thanks to Carol for letting us borrow her awesome dino hats!



We had Pterodactyl wings, Herbivore snacks, Dinosaur eggs, Green Dinosaur cocktail, and Fossil cookies.



Pterodactyl wings
Tim picked up buffalo wings and honey barbecue wings from the deli that we heated up.





Herbivore snacks
While Tim was picking up the wings, he also got a veggie tray!






Dinosaur Eggs
I adapted this recipe.

Ingredients:
3 eggs, hard boiled
4 quarts of cold water
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
3 tablespoons of black tea
2 teaspoons of Chinese five spice
1 stalk of green onion
1 large slice of ginger




Directions:
1. Place hard boiled eggs in a sauce pan and cover with cold water
2. Add all of the other ingredients
3. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for an hour
4. Remove from heat and let the eggs cool to room temperature in the mixture
5. Peel the shells




Green Dinosaur Cocktail
I found the idea here!

Ingredients:
1 ounce tequila
1 ounce vodka
1 ounce rum
1 ounce Midori
Fill with lemonade
A final splash of Midori 
Lemon slice





Fossil Cookies
I used my sugar cookie recipe that I've used for Toy Story 2, Breaking Bad, and The Avengers!  Then I bought some  silly dinosaur toys at the dollar store and made tracks in the cookie.  Then I dusted it with cinnamon.


No comments:

Post a Comment