To celebrate Halloween, we did a dinner for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. It was a request from my brother-in-law Jake and we finally tried it out. We had such a great time!
For dinner we had Slimy Eel Pasta, Eyeball Appetizers, Short Round Rolls, The Blood of Kali Ma Cocktail, and Indy's Pull Apart Monkey Brains.
Slimy Eel Pasta
I cooked up half a package of spaghetti and put 3 drops purple food coloring in the water.
Serve with butter, parmesan, red sauce, or inside of a large snake.
Green Olives (pitted but not stuffed)
Kalamata Olives (pitted)
1. Cut a slice of green olive near the pit opening.
2. Stuff the hole with a chopped up piece of Kalamata olive.
3. Top a mozzarella ball with the olive slice.
Short Round Rolls
These were egg rolls from the frozen section of the grocery store.
The Blood of Kali Ma Cocktail
1/8 cup of white rum
8oz of Blood Orange soda
3-4 mint leaves
A splash of lime juice
Indy's Pull Apart Monkey Brains
I found the recipe here and tweaked it a bit.
3 tubes of buttermilk biscuits
3/4 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of red food coloring
3 teaspoons of cinnamon
1. Heat the butter and brown sugar on the stovetop until melted.
2. Pour the sugar and cinnamon into a gallon sized bag.
3. Open each biscuit tube, separate each biscuit, and cut each biscuit into four parts.
4. Put the biscuit pieces into the bag a handful at a time and shake. - set aside sugared pieces
5. Split the butter mixture into two bowls and add the red food coloring to one of the bowls.
6. Coat the bottom a large stainless steel mixing bowl with the red food coloring butter mixture.
7. Break the chopsticks in half and put them in the center of the bowl to form the two lobes of the brain.
8. Place sugared biscuit pieces in the bowl on either side of the chopsticks and cover with the other butter mixture.
9. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes until the top is golden brown.
10. Let cool and then turn over the bowl on to a plate and remove the chopsticks.
*it's ok if it's messy!
If you liked this, check out our Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Dinner.