Well, it's our first dinner in Minnesota and we are currently living with my parents until our apartment opens up! So we had a Wolf family Reel Fancy Dinner Extravaganza!
We watched One Crazy Summer (a Wolf family favorite) and we had George's Chili Dogs, Egg's Deviled Eggs, Zucchini Regatta Boats, Hoops' Oranges, One Crazy Summer Shandy, and Fluffy Bunny Cookies.
George's Chili Dogs
I found the recipe here and revamped it (since I didn't want to take six hours to make it!)
1 chopped white onion
4 stalks of celery, chopped
1/4 cup of butter
2lbs of ground beef
The juice of one lemon
1 package of mccormick's mild chili seasoning
1 teaspoon of regular yellow mustard
34oz of tomato sauce
2 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of salt
4 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 packages of hot dogs
Enough buns for the hot dogs
1 package of colby jack cheese
1. Melt butter in a medium pan and add the ground beef, brown.
2. Add celery and onions, cook for 3-5 minutes.
3. In a pot, add beef mix and lemon juice, mild chili seasoning, yellow mustard, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, salt, and brown sugar and cook on medium heat and cover
4. After about 10 minutes, reduce heat to a simmer and uncover. Let cook until the hot dogs are ready!
5. While the meat is simmering, cook up the hot dogs on the grill until done.
6. In an oven safe pan, place all of the hot dog buns with the hot dogs inside. Spoon the meat mixture over the hot dogs and cover with shredded cheese.
7. Place in the oven on broil until the cheese has melted.
My Grandma Sharron brought over some deviled eggs but instead of covering with paprika, add chives.
Here is my recipe for deviled eggs.
Zucchini Regatta Boats
I found the recipe here and tweaked it a bit!
4 large English Cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise. (They were supposed to be Zucchinis but I couldn't find any that passed the test in the grocery store so I settled for English Cucumbers that are basically the brother of Zucchinis.)
1/2 cup of butter
1 chopped white onion
3 teaspoons of minced garlic
8oz package of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
2 cups of panko bread crumbs
1.5 cups of Parmesan cheese
1 cup of sour cream
2 teaspoon of thyme
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Lemon Zest from one lemon
10 Bamboo Skewers
10 Paper sails
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Using a pumpkin scoop (yes, a Halloween pumpkin scooper), remove the pulp and place on a cutting board.
3. Finely chop the cucumber pulp.
4. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
5. Once the butter has melted, add onion, garlic, and cucumber pulp. Cook for about 15 minutes until pulp is tender.
6. Add mushrooms and bell peppers; cook for five minutes.
7. Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, sour cream, thyme, lemon zest, and salt.
8. Place hollowed out cucumbers in a pan, and fill with the veggie mixture.
9. Bake for 30 minutes and sprinkle with a little bit of cheese.
10. Stick a paper sail on a bamboo stick and place in the cucumber boats.
I just took cutie oranges and used a sharpie to create basketball lines.
One Crazy Summer Shandy
We indulged in some Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.
Fluffy Bunny Cookies
I found the recipe here.
3 cups of white chocolate chips
8 Oreo cookies
8 mini marshmallows
1. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until creamy.
2. If the chocolate gets hard, add some milk or cream to make smoother.
3. Dip the Oreos in white chocolate.
4. Place on a plate and put in the fridge for an hour.
5. Once the chocolate has set, paint a bunny face with the pink and black gel.
6. Use the gel as a glue for the marshmallow bunny tail.
Here is our whole clan enjoying the dinner!
Olivia also enjoyed some of her own veggies!