We have a ton of stuff from our Try the World box we wanted to use for our theme dinners! So we did a dinner for HUGO and boy, was it yummy!
For dinner, we had Steak Au Poivre, "Le Voyage Dans la Lun" Twice Baked Cheese Souffle, Train Station Croissants, The Hugo Cocktail, and La Mere Poulard Palets for dessert.
Steak Au Poivre
2 packets of Christian Potier Peppercorn Sauce (from Try the World: France box)
Salt and Pepper to season the steaks
1. Season the steaks with salt and pepper
2. Cook the steaks in butter on a skillet until medium rare
3. Heat Peppercorn Sauce in a saucepan on the stove until warm
4. Serve Peppercorn Sauce over the steak.
"Le Voyage Dans la Lun" Twice Baked Cheese Souffle
I found this recipe here and tweaked it just a bit!
1 tablespoon of butter to grease ramekins
1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
1/3 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of butter
1/3 cup of flour
75 grams of Boursin goat cheese
1/4 cup of Gruyere cheese (shredded)
2 eggs, separated
1/3 cup of heavy cream
1. Butter the inside of two ramekins and dust them with the breadcrumbs
2. Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F
3. Separate eggs, putting the yolks in a small bowl and the whites in a small bowl.
4. Heat the milk in a saucepan (don't boil)
5. In a separate saucepan melt the butter, add the flour and stir.
6. Add the milk and stir until it becomes a sauce.
7. Beat in egg yolks, thyme, and boursin cheese.
8. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites and a dash of salt until stiff and fold into the cheese mix.
9. Divide the mix between the two ramekins and place the ramekins in a cake pan and fill up with hot water.
10. Bake for 20 minutes until they've risen and gotten a little brown on the top.
11. Put out and dump the water out. Pour the heavy cream over each souffle and top with Gruyere cheese.
12. Place back in the over for 15 minutes.
13. Serve right away
The souffles did rise but I didn't snap a picture quick enough! While it's not the prettiest thing, it sure was one of the tastiest!
Train Station Croissants
The Hugo Cocktail
3 Parts Prosecco, chilled
1 Part of the Ekologisk Elderflower Syrup (from our Swedish Try the World box)
2 lemon wedges (one squeezed into the drink and one for a garnish)
*This is one of the best drinks we've had in a while! It's the perfect summer cocktail and it's so refreshing!
La Mere Poulard Palets
These Cookies were from our Try The World: France box!
It was a fabulous dinner! If you like trying new things, you should check out Try the World! It's so much fun!