For tonight's dinner, we watched The Good Dinosaur. It's been a blast introducing Olivia to all sorts of cartoons!
We had The Ranch's Chicken (Dijionaise), Clawtooth Mountain Snacks, Spot's Berries, The Green Dinosaur Cocktail, and Arlo's Footprint Cookies.
The Ranch's Chicken (Dijonnaise)
I found a few recipes online and combined them. Here is the one I got the most inspiration from.
3 large chicken breasts
5 tablespoons of butter
4 shallots, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup of Sherry
4 Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 teaspoon of Rosemary
1/4 teaspoon of Thyme
1/4 teaspoon of Tarragon
1/2 teaspoon of Peppercorn
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Flatten the chicken breasts and season each with salt and pepper.
2. Cook the chicken with 2 tablespoons of butter for about 10 minutes on medium high heat, flipping occasionally.
3. Use the rest of the butter and melt in a saucepan.
4. Add garlic and shallots until tender.
5. Add wine and mustard until it reduces by about half.
6. Add milk and the rest of the spices.
7. Simmer until it thickens a little and cover the cooked chicken with the sauce.
Clawtooth Mountain Snacks
We got some bugles from the grocery story.
We used raspberries from the grocery store.
The Green Dinosaur Cocktail
I found the recipe here and tweaked it a bit.
1oz of Gin
1oz of Midori
1oz of Sweet and Sour Mix
1oz of White Rum
1oz of Triple Sec
1oz of Whipped Cream Vodka
2oz of Sprite
*Drink with caution!!!
Arlo's Footprint Cookies
I saw the idea online and decided to try it out using my awesome sugar cookie recipe that comes from our Toy Story 2 dinner.
1. Once you have your dough made, take 1/4 of the dough out of the mixer and set aside.
2. Add 4-5 drops of green food coloring until you get the right green.
3. Make little balls of the green in the palm of your hand.
4. Then make four small balls of uncolored dough and make the toes.
5. Once on the baking sheet, flatten slightly.
6. Cook on 425 degrees for nine minutes.
Olivia had green beans to stay with the theme!
We had a great time!