Kung Fu Panda 3 comes out this weekend and to celebrate, we did a Kung Fu Panda dinner!
To eat, we had Mr. Ping's Noodle Dream Soup, Master Oogway's Eggrolls with Spicy "Sacred Peach" Dipping Sauce, Master Shifu's Inner Peas, Skadoosh Juice, and Po's Panda Cupcakes.
Mr. Ping's Noodle Dream Soup
I found the recipe here and tweaked it a little.
8 cups of water
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
1/8 crushed red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 inch of freshly grated ginger
1/2 of an onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 large carrot, sliced thin
4 stocks of celery
4 oz of basil fettuccine noodles
1/2 of a head of Bok Choy leaves shredded (I did mine by hand)
4oz of mushrooms, sliced
1 lime, cut into wedges
4 green onions, sliced
1. In a large pot combine water, soy sauce, sesame oil, crushed red pepper flakes, sugar and ginger and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling, add onion, garlic, carrot, celery, noodles, Bok Choy and mushrooms.
3. About 10 minutes of boiling will cook the noodles thoroughly
4. Soup is done, serve with a lime wedge and green onions.
Master Oogway's Eggrolls with Spicy "Sacred Peach" Sauce
We bought the egg rolls from the grocery store and the peach sauce recipe I found here and made it a bit less spicy because I am very Norwegian (i.e. salt is sometimes too spicy) and I'm growing a very bland eating baby. Tim, however, LOVED it!!!
3/4 cup of peach jam
1/4 cup of chili paste
2 tablespoons of Sriracha
1 teaspoon of hot Chinese mustard
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1/3 cup of rice wine vinegar
1. In a small pan, mix together jam, chili paste, mustard, and soy sauce and cook on low heat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally until jam thins out.
2. Remove from heat, stir in sesame oil and rice wine vinegar.
3. Let cool and serve cold.
Master Shifu's Inner Peas
Tim boiled frozen peas (covered) for 4-5 minutes
4oz of Malibu Rum
1oz of Midori Melon
2oz of Pineapple Juice
*For those of you who have tuned in every week, you can probably guess that I had just a full glass of pineapple juice.
Po's Panda Cupcakes
I used our cupcake recipe from the Lorax dinner and decorated it all fancy.
Ingredients for decorating:
White frosting (I bought the kind in a tube)
Chocolate Chips (for base of eyes, ears and nose)
White icing (for whites of eyes)
Black Sprinkles (for mouth and eyeballs)
1. Cover cupcake in white frosting
2. Coat the top of cupcake with sugar.
3. Place toppings on to look like a panda!
We had a great dinner and can't wait to see how Kung Fu Panda 3 is!