Since my birthday is this week, Tim said I could pick any dinner I wanted! I picked The Little Mermaid! It was so much fun!!
For dinner we had Ariel's Seashell Macaroni, Ursa-Dogs, Under the Sea Sand Dollar Crackers, Sweet Sea-Foam Smoothie, and Sweet Oyster Cookies!
Ariel's Seashell Macaroni
I found this recipe online and it's the Panera Mac and Cheese Copycat recipe!
A full box of Shell pasta
1/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup of flour
2.5 cups of milk
6 slices of cheddar cheese
8oz of sharp white Vermont cheddar
1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon of hot sauce
1. Prepare the pasta according to package
2. Melt butter over low heat, whisk in flour and cook for a minute.
3. Over medium heat, gradually whisk in milk until it thickens and gets bubbly! Remove from heat.
4. Add cheeses, mustard, salt, and hot sauce. Stirring until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
5. Stir in pasta and cook over medium heat for one minute.
1. Cut the hot dog in half, leaving an inch on top and just keep halving them until you get about eight legs.
2. Boil hot dogs for eight minutes and legs should twist up.
3. Add Mustard for eyes!
Under the Sea Sand Dollar Crackers
I got this recipe from my Disney Princess Cookbook
1.25 cups of flour
1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
3 Tablespoons of cold butter, cut in to small cubes
1/2 cup of half and half
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, and paprika
3. Add the butter and start mixing it in by hand, breaking up the butter into even smaller pieces
4. Add the half and half and knead the mixture until dough has soaked up all the liquid.
5. Roll out the dough on a floured cutting board until about 1/8 of an inch thick.
6. Using a circle cookie cutter, cut out crackers.
7. Using a brush, wash cracker with water and put five sliced almonds on to look like a star.
8. Cook for about seven minutes.
9. Let cool
Sweet Sea-Foam Smoothie
I got this from the same cookbook as the crackers.
1 cup of water
2 cup of vanilla frozen yogurt
2 tablespoons of lime juice
Add into a blender and mix! Enjoy! It's a fabulous smoothie!
Pre-made Lemon Madelines
White frosting gel
White crystal sprinkles
Chocolate covered blueberries (which are amazing and we bought them in San Francisco)
Spread frosting on the tip of the Madeline and on the inside edge where the cookies meet.
Repeat for where you will put the chocolate blueberry
Put the to cookies together and the blueberry inside.
They fall apart easily so be careful!!!!