Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Avengers Dinner

In preparation for Avengers: Age of Ultron, we did a themed dinner to the first Avengers!  





We were thrilled to have guests, who have been able to join us for a few of them, my brother-in-law Bill and his favorite gal, Megan!  





For dinner we had Captain America's Pizza Shield, Thor Hammers, The Hulk pudding, Black Widow cocktail, and Iron Man hands.







Captain America's Pizza Shield 

Ingredients:
Pre-made pizza crusts
Pizza Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese
Swiss Cheese
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Pepperoni

Directions:
Cover crust with pizza sauce.
Top with mozzarella cheese.
Create two rings of pepperoni.
In the center of the pizza put shredded cheddar cheese.
Cook for nine minutes.
While cooking, cut out a star our of a swiss cheese slice.
Place in the center once the pizza is out of the oven.





Thor Hammers

Ingredients:
Pretzel Sticks
Cubed (or more like rectangle..) Cheese







The Hulk Pudding

Ingredients:
2 boxes of 3.9 oz Instant Pistachio Pudding
4 cups of milk 
10 Thin Mints, crushed
Black icing (for the face)







Black Widow Cocktail
Adapted this recipe.

Ingredients:
2 oz of Kaluha
2 oz of Vodka
Fill with Starbucks espresso drink






Iron Man Hands
I used the same cookie recipe that I used in both our Breaking Bad and Toy Story 2 dinners. 


For the different colors of dough, I took out about 1/3 of the dough to leave the regular dough color and the 2/3 I left in the mixture and added about 10 drops of red food coloring.

This was a tricky cookie because I took my hand shaped cookie cutter and cut out the hand, then I took my circle cutter and out a circle in the middle.  I did this until the red dough was gone- about 8 hand cookies.  Then I took the plain colored dough and cut circles out. I baked them separately but in hindsight I should've put the plain dough in the center of the red and baked them together… I had to do some trimming of all the cookies after baking them.  

After putting some icing on, they look pretty dang good!





It was a great dinner!  Can't wait to see Avengers: Age of Ultron tomorrow!!




Also, Tim met Captain America on our cruise last year!  We thought we should add it to the blog!!



No comments:

Post a Comment