This was a tough one folks. Since this show is about David Duchovny's on and off again relationship with Karen… and sex, drugs, and alcohol, it wasn't easy to come up with a menu, let alone an appropriate one. I think we toe the line admirably.
The dinner consists of New York Strip Steak, Marcy's Lobster, Runkel's Noodle Kugel, The Hank Moody Cocktail, and Sex in a Pan.
New York Strip Steak
Tim sprinkled Lawry's seasoning and some butter over the steaks.
2 Lobster tails
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 cup of olive oil
1. Combine salt, pepper, and olive oil in pot of water
2. Bring to a boil
3. Drop lobsters in until red.
Runkel's Noodle Kugel
Found the recipe here.
10 cloves of garlic
16oz of egg noodles
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Peel garlic and drizzle with olive oil
3. Cook for 15 minutes
4. Meanwhile, cook egg noodles until tender (8 minutes)
5. Drain noodles and toss with vegetable oil.
6. When garlic is done, mash garlic.
7. Increase oven heat to 350 degrees.
8. In a large bowl, beat eggs, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
9. Add garlic, then noodles. Mix thoroughly.
10. Put in a cupcake tin and bake for one hour.
The Hank Moody Cocktail
Found a recipe here and adapted it.
2 oz of tequila
1/4 cup of frozen mango
1/4 cup of frozen pineapple
1/4 oz of agave nectar
1/4 oz of grenadine
1/4 oz of lime juice
1. Rim the glass with brown sugar
2. Mix all ingredients over ice in shaker
3. Pour with strainer
Sex in a Pan
Adapted this recipe.
1 cup of pecans, chopped
3 Tablespoons of white sugar
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of flour
8 oz of cream cheese
1 cup of powdered sugar
8oz of cool whip
1 package of instant vanilla pudding (5.1oz)
5 cups of milk
1 package of instant chocolate pudding (3.9oz)
1/2 chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
3. In your blender, combine, pecans, white sugar, butter, and flour. Brush mixture in the pan and press mixture into the pan.
4. Bake for 20 minutes
5. Prepare the vanilla pudding: combine instant mix and 3 cups of milk and let it sit for 5 minutes until firm.
6. Prepare the chocolate pudding: combine instant mix and 2 cups of milk and let it sit for 5 minutes until firm.
7. In a mix, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of cool whip.
8. Let the crust cool and spread the cream cheese layer on top. Then add the chocolate pudding layer. After that, add the vanilla layer. Top it off with the remainder of the cool whip and the chocolate chips.
9. Refrigerate overnight.
Cheers Hank! It's been real!