After a few months of watching Breaking Bad, we are finally finishing it tonight! We had an excellent theme dinner AND we tried to make some of "Walt's Blue Sky" but it's actually supposed to be like rock candy.
Our dinner was awesome!
We had Los Pollos Hermanos Fried Chicken, Pepperoni Pizza on the Roof Dip, Funyuns, Breaking Bad Cocktail, Beaker Cookies, and Walt's Blue Sky.
Los Pollos Hermanos Fried Chicken
To save time, Tim went to Suds Hut and picked up some yummy, yummy broasted chicken.
Pizza on the Roof Dip
I adapted this recipe: http://modernmartha.com/2011/05/pepperoni-pizza-dip/
4oz of cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon of basil
1/4 cup of fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup of fat-free mayo
1 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
1 cup of Ragu Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees F
2. Mix cream cheese, basil, sour cream, mayo, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese
3. Spread mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish
4. Pour Pizza Sauce and spread it over cheese mixture.
5. Top with remaining cheeses and pepperoni..
6. Bake for 20 minutes
We heated up some store bought garlic bread to go with it.
Breaking Bad Margarita
Adapted this recipe: http://hostthetoast.com/breaking-bad-blue-margarita-with-blue-salt-and-blue-ice-chips/
8 drops of Blue Food Coloring
1/2 c. Salt
2 oz. Tequila
1 oz. Triple Sec
1/2 a lime's juice
1 oz. Blue Curacao
1. Fill an ice cube tray with ice and 5 drops of blue food coloring.
2. Put in the freezer to make blue ice cubes
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
4. In a sandwich bag, put in salt and the remaining three drops of blue food coloring
5. Shake it up, place on a baking sheet, and put in the oven
6. Let it bake off the moisture for 10 minutes
7. Rub lime wedge around the rim of the glass and dip in the blue salt pan to coat the edges.
8. Put Tequila, Triple Sec, Lime Juice, and Blue Curacao. Garnish with a wedge.
It was deadly and amazing!
These are the same cookies that we used in our Toy Story 2 Dinner. It's a great recipe! And then we had some fun decorating!
Walt's Blue Sky
I feel 75% bad and 25% hilarious for finding this recipe for dessert with a Frozen dinner. Here is the recipe I found: http://doitandhow.com/2012/08/22/rock-candy/
2 cups of water
1 cup of white corn syrup
3 1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 drops of blue gel food coloring
Bring mixture to a boil. I poured it into a tray to cool…. however it didn't set up like a thought……. I thought I knew what I was doing but it was just kind of a sticky icky mess…
Luckily I had white rock candy that I dipped in mixture of water and blue food coloring.
I also had to get one shot of Walt in his underwear..