Tonight, we had a fabulous Caribbean Grilled Chicken, Barbossa's Apples, Tortuga Johnny Cake, Port Royal Punch and some Cursed Gold Dabloons.
Caribbean Grilled Chicken
I found a Bahamian recipe here and we slightly adapted because we don't have a grill!
6 halved chicken breasts
1/2 cup of lime juice
1/4 cup of vidalia onion, finely diced
1 small bundle of green onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 habanero chile, de-seeded and finely chopped
1 teaspoon of dried Thyme
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of white pepper, ground
Ingredients for cooling sauce:
1/3 cup of sour cream
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon allspice
Cooling sauce picture.
1. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place in a bowl and pour lemon juice over it. Marinate for 15 minutes
2. Mix the cooling sauce ingredients together and refrigerate.
3. Pour out lime juice from chicken and add the remaining chicken ingredients and marinate for 45 minutes.
4. Turn on your burner to Medium-high heat and place chicken on the skillet for 7-8 minutes on each side.
5. Remove from heat and serve with cooling sauce on the side.
Barbossa's Apples: the finest Granny Smith Apples Safeway had.
Tortuga Johnny Cake:
Found the recipe here and adapted it slightly.
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 cup of corn meal
1/4 cup of sugar
3 teaspoons of vegetable oil
1 cup of milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix ingredients together (in a mixer would've been the easiest…. I wasn't prepared for that!)
3. Spray a 9x9 pan and pour the mix in.
4. Using a spatula, flatten the mix
5. Cook for 30 minutes
6. Cut and serve with butter and honey
Port Royal Punch:
Since the recipe we have served 25, we decided to at least fourth it!
23 oz of pineapple juice
1 cup of mango juice
200 mL of Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
2 oz of grenadine
9 oz of Sprite
Mix it all up and enjoy! This one certainly does pack a punch!!!
Cursed Gold Dabloons were chocolate coins for the Target dollar store!
And since we are big fans, I decided to post some pictures from our Disney adventures:
Here's Tim in front of the ride at Walt Disney World
And here we are on our Disney Cruise with the one and only Captain Jack Sparrow.