To celebrate Halloween, we had a dinner for Nightmare Before Christmas! This is Halloween! Olivia was ok with the movie... there were parts she wasn't too sure of!
For dinner we had Sally's sausage stuffing, "What's This?" mashed potatoes, Oogie Boogie's rolls, The Bone Daddy Cocktail, and The Pumpkin King Bars.
Sally's sausage stuffing
Tim cooked up boxed stuffing and added browned sausage.
"What's This?" mashed potatoes
Tim cooked up some instant mashed potatoes for dinner.
Oogie Boogie's rolls
We bought rolls from the grocery store.
The Bone Daddy Cocktail
1oz of Apple Pucker
1/2oz of Hennessy
1/2oz of Butterscotch Schnapps
Fill with Apple Juice
The Pumpkin King Bars
I found this recipe here. It's a gluten free one.... mine is gluten full. Sorry folks.
Pumpkin Bar Ingredients:
15oz can of pumpkin
1 1/3 cups of sugar
1 cup of vegetable oil
2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ginger
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
Cream Cheese Ingredients:
3oz of cream cheese
1/4 cup of butter
1.5 cups of powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13in pan
2. Beat the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, and oil together.
3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, the ginger, and nutmeg.
4. Mix until smooth and spread the batter in the pan.
5. Bake for 25 minutes and let cool.
6. Combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
Baby Pumpkin Food
Here's Olivia with a happy pumpkin bib from Grandma Cindy!