We had an awesome meal of E's Irish Pork Sausages, Ari's Challah Bread, Johnny's Bananas, Aquaman Cocktail, and Turtle's salted caramel turtle sundae! Yummy!
E's Irish Pork Sausages
I found a recipe here and we adapted it.
For the Onion Gravy:
2 red onions, sliced
3/4 tablespoon of flour
3/4 tablespoon of brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar
125ml of beef stock
salt and pepper to taste
1. Fry the onions in a large frying pan over medium heat until they soften.
2. Add the flour and stir the onions, add the sugar, balsamic, and stock.
3. Allow to simmer gently for 20 minutes
4. Season to taste
For the Sausages:
4 pork sausages
fresh sage leaves
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Place sausages in an oven safe tray
3. Add the sage and drizzle with olive oil
4. Place in the oven for thirty minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
For the Mash:
Buttery Homestyle Instant Potatoes
1/2 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1. Make the instant potatoes according to packaging
2. Add milk and nutmeg
3. Season to taste and set aside
Plate with mashed potatoes, place sausage on top, and top with gravy.
Ari's Challah Bread
I got the recipe here for that here and tweaked it a bit.
2.5 tsp. active dry yeast
3/4 cup of warm water
1/3 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon of salt
4 cups of flour
1. In your stand mixer, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Let sit for five minutes or until yeast begins to foam.
2. Mix oil, sugar and salt into yeast.
3. Add 3 eggs one at a time.
4. Add four cups of flour in one cup increments mixing the dough with the dough hook.
5. Oil a large bowl with olive oil and place dough inside and cover with a clean towel. Let rise in a warm place for 1.5 hours or until it has doubled in size.
6. When it has doubled turn it over in your bowl. Put in the fridge and let it rise overnight in the fridge.
7. Cut the loaf into 6 equal pieces.
8. Roll each piece of dough out into a long rope.
9. To braid, watch this video… it's harder than it looks!
10. Brush the braided bread with 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water.
11. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and back for 20 minutes.
12. After 20 minutes, pull out and brush with egg wash and bake for 15 more minutes.
13. Let cool for 15 minutes.
We found the recipe here.
1 part aquavit
1 part gin
1 dash Martini & Rossi Extra Dry Vermouth
3 drop of lemon
*too be honest… it was a little too strong for me……….
Turtle's Salted Caramel Turtle Sundae
I found the recipe here and adapted it.
Vanilla bean ice cream
Hot fudge salted caramel sauce
Hershey's chocolate syrup
If you enjoyed this, check out our Californication dinner!