In honor of Father's Day, we celebrated with a Star Wars Episode V: Empire Strikes Back dinner! "Luke, I am your father!"
For dinner we had a Shredded Tauntaun Meat Sandwich, Millennium Falcorn, Star Wars Jell-O Jigglers, Wampa Dip with bread, C3P0 cocktail, and Admiral Ackbar cupcakes!
Shredded Tauntaun Meat Sandwich
I found this awesome recipe here!
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup of BBQ sauce
1/4 cup of Zesty Italian dressing
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1. Season chicken breast with sea salt
2. In a mixing bowl combine BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Place chicken in crockpot and pour sauce over
4. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours
5. Shred chicken with a knife and fork
6. Serve on a bun!
Bring water to a boil and add desired amount of frozen corn. Reduce heat and simmer for two minutes. Add butter, salt, or pepper to taste.
Star Wars Jell-O Jigglers
I made these for Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
1 Jell-O Jiggler Star Wars Mold Tray
2/3 cup of water
1 pkg of Jell-O
1. Bring water to a boil.
2. Spray the inside of the tray and place on a baking sheet (in case it spills).
3. Add boiling water and gelatin mix in a small bowl and stir for 3 minutes until mix has dissolved.
4. Refrigerate overnight
5. Use a knife to jiggle the jigglers loose!
I got this awesome recipe on this site.
8oz of mozzarella cheese
8oz of provolone cheese
8oz package of cream cheese
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
1 loaf of Artisan bread, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Shred the mozzarella and provolone into the same bowl
3. Add cream cheese, parmesan, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes
4. Spray baking dish.
5. Add cheese mixture and bake for 15 minutes
6. Stir when completed and serve with bread.
I found this recipe along with a whole bunch of others!
3 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of boiling water
4oz of bourbon
4 tablespoon of lemon juice
one lemon wedge
Admiral Ackbar Cupcakes!
*DISCLAIMER: Dad, I do know that Admiral Ackbar is NOT in the fifth movie but I had to make an exception because I have such an awesome idea for the sixth movie.*
I found this amazing idea here!
The cupcake recipe is one I have used for many dinners now: Twister, A Goofy Movie, and The Lorax dinner.
For icing I just bought chocolate icing in a tube.
Yellow Candy Melts
Black icing (for drawing the eyes, nose and mouth)
Chocolate sprinkles for his weird goatee!
It was an awesome dinner!
I did feel like I had to add some pictures of when we went to Disney World and rode the Star Tours ride like six times…
Happy Father's Day!
If you liked this post, check out our Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope dinner.