We had a fantastic dinner!!
For Aunt Meg's Steak
I bought four round steaks that Tim cooked up.
Tim seasoned with White Pepper and some Lawry's seasoning salt
I used my Grandma Sharron's Mashed Potato Casserole recipe which is the best mashed potato recipe in the whole world. No holiday is complete without her fabulous potatoes! They weren't perfect but they were pretty dang good!
10 red mashed potatoes
3 cloves of garlic
8 oz of cream cheese
8 oz of sour cream
1. Place peeled potatoes in boiling water that is lightly salted.
2. Also add in three cloves of garlic.
3. Whip together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth
4. After about 15 minutes the potatoes should be soft enough to poke with a dinner fork.
5. Pull out a potato at a time and mash them into the cream cheese/sour cream mixture.
6. Once mashed, use a mixer to whip it all together.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees when you are getting close to eating dinner.
8. Place potatoes in the oven for ten minutes with three squares of butter until warm.
9. Stir in butter and serve! YUMMMM!!
Jack Daniel's Glazed Carrots
I found the recipe here.
1lb of baby carrots
6 tablespoons of butter, divided
1/2 cup of whiskey
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pot on medium high heat.
2. Pour whiskey into the pot and cook for 40 seconds.
3. Add the remaining butter and let it melt.
4. Add the brown sugar and mix the ingredients together
5. Pour carrots in, lower the heat to medium low heat cover, and cook for five minutes.
6. Add salt and pepper and cook covered up for 5-7 minutes until tender
7. Remove from heat and keep covered until serving.
Twistered Tea (or the Suck Zone)
This was Tim's own concoction!
1 twisted tea
4 oz of rum
a splash of grenadine
I used our Lorax cupcake recipes for both the cupcake and the icing.
For the Tornado, I melted about a cup of chocolate chips, drew tornados on a piece of wax paper and stuck it in the freezer.