We made a themed dinner for Pinocchio! It was fun to introduce Olivia to such a classic movie. She was a little nervous during the Monstro part but I think she liked it!
For dinner we had Stromboli's Stromboli, Cleo Crackers, Marionette String Cheese, Jiminy Cricket's Milkshake, and Blue Fairy Wands.
Frozen Bread Dough (I used Rhodes)
Half a package (4oz) of Italian Sausage
1/8 cup of Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
3 Tablespoons of butter
1. Take the bread dough out of the freezer and place on a cookie sheet for about four hours until dough starts to thaw and rise.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Brown the Italian sausage in a pan for 3-5 minutes on medium high heat.
4. Melt butter in the microwave.
5. Once the butter is melted, add the egg, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning and mix together.
6. Stretch bread dough out to cover the entire cookie sheet.
7. Using a brush, brush the butter mixture on the stretched out bread dough.
8. Put desired amount of Italian sausage, mozzarella, and pepperoni on the bread dough.
9. Roll up the dough and brushing with butter as you go.
10. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes and turn.
11. Cook for 3 more minutes or until golden brown on top.
12. Cut into slices and serve.
Marionette String Cheese
Jiminy Cricket's Milkshake
I got this recipe from this cookbook.
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon of powdered sugar
6 scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream
1/4 cup of milk
6 mint oreos
1. Leave the ice cream out for 10 minutes to soften.
2. Add heavy cream to an electric mixer with whisk attachment and whip until it begins to thicken.
3. Add vanilla extract and sugar to the bowl. Whisk until you get stiff peaks.
4. Blend ice cream, milk, and four cookies in a blender until combined.
5. Pour ice cream mixture into two glasses and top with heavy cream mixture.
6. Crumble the last two cookies on top of the glass and serve with straws.
Blue Fairy Wands
I found this recipe here.
2 bags of popped popcorn
3 Tablespoons of butter
1 bag of mini marshmallows
1/4 cup of flour
Star-shaped cookie cutters
Cake pop sticks
1. Prepare popcorn as directed on packaging.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour.
3. Microwave butter on high until melted, 10 seconds at a time.
4. Add marshmallows
5. Microwave on high until the marshmallows are puffy, about 1 minute.
6. Stir marshmallows until butter and marshmallows are completely combined.
7. Pour melted marshmallows over popcorn and mix until popcorn is coated.
8. Put the popcorn mixture on the baking sheet and use your hands/spatula to press the popcorn mixture as flat as possible.
9. Put desired amount of sprinkles over the popcorn.
10. Use star-shaped cookie cutters to create stars.
11. Insert cake pop sticks
We had a pretty easy, fun dinner! It was fun to watch Olivia try some new food.