Tonight we did a dinner for Quantum of Solace!
For dinner we had Mr. White's White Chicken Chili, Strawberry Fields' Salad, Russian Potatoes, Bollinger Champagne, and for dessert, we had Italian Hazelnut and Fruit Platter.
Mr White's White Chicken Chili
I got this soup from the grocery store! Yum!
Strawberry Fields' Salad
I found the recipe here and tweaked it a bit!
6oz of arugula
2 cups of sliced strawberries
1/2 of a red onion, sliced
1/2 cup of cranberry goat cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup of pecans
4 slices of bacon, cooked
1 chicken breast, cubed
1/4 cup of Apple Cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons of honey
2 Tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
3/4 cup of olive oil
1. Cook chicken breast cubes on medium high heat with a little bit of olive oil.
2. Mix together Apple Cider vinegar, honey, sugar, Dijon mustard, and olive oil, set aside.
3. Toss arugula, strawberries, onion, pecans, bacon, chicken, and cranberry goat cheese well.
4. Add in desired dressing.
I found this recipe and altered it a bit.
8 yellow potatoes
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1/2 a red onion, diced
8oz of mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon of thyme
1 Tablespoon of parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
Sour cream for garnish
1. Peel and cube the potatoes
2. Heat 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil on medium heat.
3. Throw in potatoes until golden brown.
4. Cover and cook for five more minutes, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
5. In another skillet, cook up onion in last Tablespoon of vegetable oil until translucent.
6. Add in mushrooms and cook until they are browned.
7. Add garlic, thyme and parsley.
8. Add potatoes to the onion mixture and serve with sour cream as a garnish.
I couldn't find any Bollinger champagne like they drink in the movie but we were still in the spirit!
Italian Hazelnut and Fruit Platter
I used the Italian Hazelnut spread I got from my Try The World box with strawberries and blackberries. It was sure tasty!
If you liked this dinner, check out our other James Bond dinners: