I figured since we did an Austin Powers dinner, we should probably follow it up with the real deal! This is our dinner for Tomorrow Never Dies!
This meal had a ton of different and unique flavors! And we used FIVE items from my Try The World boxes! We had Vietnamese Green Curry Chicken, Tom Yum Soup, Wei Lin's Thai Iced Tea, and Paris Carver's Parisian Caramels.
Vietnamese Green Curry Chicken
We got this Green Curry Paste from our Try The World: Thailand box. While I know Vietnam and Thailand are different, I did some research and while the foods are similar in both countries, Vietnam is usually a little sweeter and less spicy (which is right up my alley!), so I tweaked this a bit to reflect that! It tasted amazing! However, it was still pretty spicy!
4 Tablespoons Thai Green Curry Paste
4.5 cups of canned coconut milk, divided
4 teaspoons of fish sauce
2 teaspoons of sugar
3 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
5 large carrots, cut in half
3 Tablespoons of dried Basil
2 chicken breasts, cut up into cubes
1/2 of an onion, diced
1/2 of a red pepper, sliced
1. Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add curry paste with 1/2 a cup of coconut milk, stir to mix. Cook for three minutes, until fragrant.
2. Add remaining coconut milk and bring to a boil.
3. Add potatoes, carrots, and basil leaves. Continue to boil until it reduces a bit (about ten minutes)
4. Add chicken, onions, fish sauce, and sugar.
5. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked (about 20 minutes)
6. Add some sliced bell peppers, serve warm, and enjoy!
Tom Yum Soup
This kit came from our Try The World: Thailand box
Tom Yum Soup kit
1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
8oz of mushrooms
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/4 cup of coconut milk
1 teaspoon of fish sauce
1 teaspoon of salt
1. Boil water
2. Add Tom Yum Soup ingredients and cook for four minutes.
3. Add onions and mushrooms and cook for two minutes.
4. Add coconut milk, salt, fish sauce, and lemon juice
Wei Lin's Thai Iced Tea
I got the Thai Tea kit and the Coconut Flower Syrup from my Try The World: Thailand box.
Thai Tea Kit
Coconut Flower Syrup
1. Boil water
2. Steep the Thai Tea in the water for about three minutes
3. Pour into desired glasses and add ice cubes
4. Use coconut milk and coconut flower syrup to sweeten to your liking.
Paris Carver's Parisian Caramels
These came from our Try the World: France box! They were so tasty!
If you liked this dinner, check out our Casino Royale dinner!