Sunday, December 31, 2017

12 Days Of Christmas Dinner

This year, my amazing family worked with me to do a 12 days of Christmas dinner for Christmas Eve.  It was a break from our normal routine but I think we needed it!   Since I only made four of the twelve dishes, those are the ones I have recipes for.

For dinner we had Twelve Drummers Drumming Drumsticks, Eleven Pipers Piping Krumkake, Ten Lords A-Leaping Cocktail, Nine Ladies Dancing Cookies, Eight Maids A-Milking Cocktail, Seven Swans A-Swimming Rolls, Six Geese A-Laying Deviled Eggs, Five Golden Calamari Rings, Four Calling Birds Pot Pie, Three French Hens Tequila Lime Chicken Wings, Two Turtle Dove Chocolates, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree Crostini. 





Twelve Drummers Drumming Drumsticks
My grandma got chicken drumsticks from the freezer section and they were quite good. 





Eleven Pipers Piping Krumkake
This is my mom's Krumkake recipe. 






Ten Lords A-Leaping Cocktail
My brother's made a cocktail that would make any lord leap!  It was a take on a Cranberry Moscow Mule with a Rosemary and Thyme Cranberry Skewer.








Nine Ladies Dancing Cookies
This is my sugar cookie recipe from Toy Story 2.  I added blue food coloring and had my shoe cookie cutter. 







Eight Maids A-Milking Cocktail
This was a fabulous cocktail!  Original recipe here.

Ingredients:
1.5oz of Peppermint Schnapps
1.5oz of Kahlua
2oz of Milk
Candy Cane






Seven Swans A-Swimming Rolls
I made these out of crescent rolls. I used a large glass and used it to cut out circles.  I folded the circle in half and made cuts to make a swan.  See instructions here.








Six Geese A-Laying Deviled Eggs
My grandma made deviled eggs. 







Five Golden Calamari Rings
My mom got calamari rings from the freezer section of Central Market. 




Four Calling Birds Pot Pie
These were great!  I found the recipe here. 

Ingredients:
1 cup of cooked chicken
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables (we actually did 1/2 c. peas, 1/2 c. corn because my dad is allergic to carrots)
1 package of Pillsbury biscuits

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine chicken, veggies, and cream of chicken soup in a bowl. 
3. Separate each biscuit in a pre-greased muffin tin.
4. Push down the biscuit dough into the pan and fill with chicken mixture.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. 






Three French Hens Tequila Lime Chicken Wings
This is a TOP SECRET recipe from my mom's friend Connie.  All I can say is that they were DELICIOUS! 






Two Turtle Dove Chocolates




Partridge in a Pear Tree Crostini
Pear, Brie, and Honey Crostini. 




We had a great Christmas with two goobs, 7 adults, and a lot of food, love and Christmas magic!









No comments:

Post a Comment