We had another great meal tonight! Woody's Cowboy Chili, Al's Chicken Bites, Jessie's Rootin' Tootin' Root Beer and Cream Soda, Stinky Pete's Gold Corn Nuggets, Couch Potato Cheetos and Cowboy Badges! YUMMMMMMMM!!!!
We got the idea for Woody's Cowboy Chili from our Disney Christmas Cookbook but tweaked it just a tad.
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 chopped medium yellow onion
1- 14.5oz can of stewed tomatoes
1- 8oz can of tomato sauce
1- 15oz can of dark red kidney beans (drained)
1- 15oz can of light red kidney beans (drained)
1- 14oz of beef broth
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon of ground coffee
Shredded cheddar on top
1. Place the beef and onion in a large pot and cook over medium-high heat until meat is brown and the onions are tender.
2. Add the remaining ingredients except for the cheddar cheese to the pot. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
3. Cover partially and let simmer for 45 minutes. Serve with shredded cheese on top!
You can find the original recipe in this cookbook: http://www.amazon.com/Merry-Christmas-Cookbook-Disney-Group/dp/1423163222/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421805293&sr=8-1&keywords=a+merry+christmas+cookbook
We just boiled up some frozen corn and added a little butter. You can add some pepper too!!
Al's Chicken Bites:
We bought frozen Chicken nuggets and cooked them according to their directions.
Couch Potato Cheetos… they… well… they're… cheet-os!
Jessie's Rootin' Tootin' Root Beer and Cream Soda:
I found this recipe online but we halved it and changed some things. If you want to see the original, here is the link: http://www.inkatrinaskitchen.com/2011/12/best-sugar-cookie-recipe-and-kitchenaid_28.html (It's an awesome recipe!!)
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon imitation almond extract
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1.5 c. of all purpose flour.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
2. Mix the butter and sugar together. Then add in the vanilla and almond extracts.
3. Beat in eggs.
4. Slowly add in flour and baking soda
5. Once mixed together, roll out with rolling pin until desired thickness.
6. Use your fun cookie cutters (we used stars to make them badges!!!) on the dough and put them on a non-stick pan!
7. Put in the oven for about 7 minutes. The cookies will still look squishy on top but once they cool off, they stiffen up. This will ensure the perfect bottom to your cookie!
8. Decorate as you wish!
Reach for the SKY!!!