Since Alice Through The Looking Glass (the sequel to Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland) is coming out this week, we did an Alice In Wonderland dinner for the 1951 version.
We had a whimsical dinner that consisted of The Walrus and The Carpenter's Crispy Oyster Chicken, Bread and Butterflies, Caterpillar Skewers, Mad Hatter's Tea, and Cheshire Cat Cake!
The Walrus and The Carpenter's Crispy Oyster Chicken
I adapted this recipe here!
1lb of chicken cut into bite size pieces
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of flour
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons of cornstarch (separated)
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
2 teaspoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 teaspoons of vinegar
1 cup of water
1 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
Green Onions, chopped
1. Mix flour, 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
2. Coat the chicken with flour mixture.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the chicken for about eight minutes on medium high heat until chicken is fully cooked.
4. In a saucepan, mix together 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar.
5. Stir in the water, butter, and oyster sauce over medium low heat for about ten minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
6. Serve fried chicken, spoon oyster sauce, and serve with green onions.
This was an awesome recipe!!!
Bread and Butterflies
I toasted bread and then spread it with butter. I placed two toothpicks to stand the toast up. I had two candy eyes that I placed strategically and just played with it until it looked like this:
I used grapes on a kebab skewer and put icing on mini chocolate chips to look like eyes
Mad Hatter's Tea
I got the idea here!
1oz of Gin
1 Green Tea Bag
Fill with Hot Water
Cheshire Cat Cake
I found this scrumptious Strawberry cake at the grocery store!
Overall, it was a pretty fun dinner!