After completing Seinfeld, we had our own little Festivus celebration!
While we didn't do the feats of strength or the airing of the grievances, we still had a fabulous Festivus Celebration, we had The Soup Nazi's Mulligatawny Soup, The BIG Salad, Marble Rye Bread, a Junior Mint Martini, and George's Fancy Snickers Bar.
The Soup Nazi's Mulligatawny Soup
I'm just gonna throw this out as the best soup recipe we have made for the blog and maybe ever! I found this recipe here and we changed it just a bit.
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 ribs of celery, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 bay leaves
4 teaspoons of yellow curry powder
1 large chicken breast cut into large chunks
2 cups of chicken stock
2 cups of water
1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt
1/4 cup of uncooked white rice
2 apples, cored, peeled, and chopped
1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
chives as garnish
1. Heat butter and olive oil on medium high heat in a large pot.
2. Add onions, celery, and carrots and cook for five minutes until they begin to soften.
3. Add bay leaves and curry powder and mix together.
4. Add chicken, chicken stock, water and salt to the pot and mix together
5. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Remove chicken (if fully cooked) and shred the chicken.
7. Add rice and chopped apples to the soup.
8. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
9. Once the rice is cooked, add the chicken back to the pot and heat for a few more minutes.
10. Stir in heavy whipping cream
11. Serve with chives and enjoy!
The BIG Salad
I found this recipe here and made it into our big salad with a few changes.
6 cups of spinach
2 green apples
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/3 cup of Feta cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup of dried cranberries
*combine in a big bowl and mix together
1 cup of apple juice
4 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons of honey
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 cups of olive oil
*whisk together ingredients and drizzle over salad as you serve
Marble Rye Bread
*We actually couldn't actually find Marble Rye bread because the people in front of us got the last loaf and we had to settle for regular rye.
The Junior Mint Martini
We found the recipe here and adapted it a tad based on what we already had.
1.25 oz of Whipped Vodka
1/4 oz of Peppermint schnapps
1/4 oz of White creme de cacao
1/2 oz Simple syrup
1 oz of Club soda
*combine all ingredients and stir. Serve with a Junior Mint
** With only a little bit left of my pregnancy, I just had the Junior Mint
George's Fancy Snickers Bar
As George did when he worked for the Yankees, we ate it with a knife and fork.
And as an homage to Kramer, we had a little fusili statue like the ones Kramer makes of celebrities!
Festivus! A Celebration for the Rest of Us!