To commemorate the end of Downton Abbey, Tim and I had high tea! I can't believe the show is over!
For high tea, we had Cucumber Sandwiches, Deviled Eggs, English Tea, Raspberry and White Chocolate Chip Scones! What a dainty dinner!
I found the recipe here for these tea sandwiches and adapted it (as we did not need 32 sandwiches.)
2oz of cream cheese
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 a cucumber, diced
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
4 slices of white bread
1. In a bowl, mix cream cheese and mayo. Then add garlic powder, salt, pepper, dill, and diced cucumber.
2. Spread mixture on sandwiches
3. Cut the crusts off of the sandwich and cut in half diagonally.
4. Serve with dill as a garnish
I found this recipe here and modified it. Actually, deviled eggs aren't as hard to make as they may seem.
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1.5 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon of vinegar
A pinch of salt
A pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Place eggs in a large pot water. Bring to a boil and cover, then lower heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
2. Fill a bowl with cold water and when eggs are done cooking, use tongs and transfer one at a time to the cold water.
3. Once cool, peel eggs and cut each in half lengthwise.
4. Remove yolks, place in a bowl and mash with a fork.
5. Add mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and cayenne pepper. Blend with a mixer until smooth.
6. Spoon mixture into a large ziplock bag and snip off one corner. Pipe yolk mixture into empty egg whites.
7. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
I got this English Tea in our Try the World box and it was super tasty!
Raspberry and White Chocolate Scones
I got a scone mix from my mother-in-law that I finally got to bust out! They are pretty tasty and you just have to add water!
Farewell Downton Abbey! It's been great!