To prepare for Zoolander 2 or 2oolander (or whatever you want to call it), we did a dinner for Zoolander!
For dinner we had "Serve Me Up A Piping Hot Dish of Hansel" Hot Dish, Black Lung Bean Dip and Corn Chips, Orange Mocha Frappuccino, and J.P. Prewitt's Hand Cookies. We had a great time!
"Serve Me Up A Piping Hot Dish of Hansel" Hot Dish
We made up some Beef Stroganoff Hamburger Helper and made it according to package directions.
Black Lung Bean Dip
I found the recipe here and tweaked it a bit!
15oz can of black beans, drained
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
14.5oz can of petite diced, drained
1 cup of cheddar, shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spray baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a ninja (or blender... we just really love our ninja!), blend together black beans, sour cream, salt and pepper.
3. Pour bean mixture into baking dish and mix in tomatoes and cheese.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Pull off the foil, add a little more cheese and bake for 15 more minutes until cheese is bubbly.
6. Serve with chips!
Orange Mocha Frappuccino
Believe it or not, Starbucks actually did make an Orange Mocha Frappuccino drink for a while when Zoolander first came out. It wasn't super successful so they discontinued it. We bought Starbuck's Mocha Frappuccinos from the grocery store. For Tim's drink, he drank a bit of the Frappuccino and added a small shot of Grand Marnier for the orange flavor! I added a few drops of Orange extract (and don't worry... I've been cleared to have one caffeinated beverage a day)! We used a Cutie orange wedge as a garnish!
J.P. Prewitt's Hand Cookies
The sugar cookie recipe is the one I've used for many dinners, can be found on the Toy Story 2 dinner.
It wouldn't be a Zoolander dinner without showcasing our "Blue Steel"
We had a fun dinner and it was nice (and sad) to see David Bowie!