As we anxiously await the arrival of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens, we did a dinner for Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi! AND BOY OH BOY, WE SURE HAD FUN!!!
For dinner, we had Boba Fett-uccine, Han in Carbonite Jell-O, Ewok Trail Mix, Dagobah Swamp Soda, and an awesome Sarlaac Pit Bundt Cake. I also made Jell-O jigglers because I have a kit for Star Wars and why not??
Tim made Fettuccine noodles and we heated up some Alfredo sauce. Tim put pepper and pepperocini peppers on his! (Mine was plain because I'm not sure how baby will react to spice!)
Han in Carbonite Jell-O
I just made Jell-O according to the directions on the box and stuck a Han Solo lego figure inside!
Star Wars Jell-O Jigglers
I made these just for the heck of it!
Ewok Trail Mix
We bought a small trail mix package from the grocery store (that had cranberries, white chocolate chips, and nuts) and we added Teddy Grahams!
Dagobah Swamp Soda
3 parts Sprite
1 parts Lime Soda (like Italian)
A scoop of Lime Sherbet
Sarlacc Pit Bundt Cake
This is probably my pride and joy! I was so excited that it turned out so well! I got the idea here but adjusted it to make it a little easier!
3 cups of flour
1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of butter
3/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of buttermilk
Sea Salt Chocolate Sauce
1 package of Biscoff cookies
2 Geneva Cookies (from Pepperidge Farms)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray your bundt cake pan.
2. With your electric mixer, beat the softened butter with both sugars until fluffy.
3. Beat eggs in one at a time, then add vanilla.
4. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt slowly as not to overwhelm the mixer.
5. Add buttermilk until completely mixed.
6. Pour into bundt cake pan and bake for 45 minutes.
7. Cool for a few minutes and remove from the bundt cake pan with a spatula
8. Heat the Sea Salt Chocolate Sauce in the microwave until spreadable. Drizzle evenly to cover most of the bundt cake.
9. Take the Biscoff cookies and smash until they are crumbs, spread on top of the chocolate sauce to look like sand
10. Insert the slivered almonds on the inside of the bundt cake to look like teeth.
11. Using your icing, make teeth on the inside edge of both Geneva cookies and place inside the bundt cake.
This dinner was soooo fun! If you enjoyed it, check out our Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope dinner and our Star Wars Episode V: Empire Strikes Back dinner!