Sunday, December 20, 2015

Elf Dinner

Tonight we had a fabulous dinner with fabulous friends!  We celebrated Christmas with an Elf Dinner with Tim, my parents, my grandparents, my brother Josh, my cousin Becca, my friend/second mom Shirley, and her lovely pooch Kirby!






Josh and Shirley got into the spirit and wore festive outfits!!




For dinner, we had Buddy the Elf's Sweet Spaghetti, "Smiling's my favorite" fries, "You smell like beef and cheese" appetizers, The World's Greatest Cup of Coffee with Syrup, and for dessert we had Central Park Trees.



Buddy the Elf's Sweet Spaghetti
I got the recipe from this site and changed it up a bit! 

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 small onions, chopped
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 8oz can of tomato paste 
2 28oz can of petite diced tomatoes
6oz of water
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of basil
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
6 tablespoons of maple syrup (don't be afraid!!!)
2 packages of Spaghetti,cooked to package directions

Directions:
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium heat and add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
2. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 2-3 more minutes
3. Stir in all of the other ingredients
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for twenty minutes
5. Serve hot over spaghetti 





"Smiling's My Favorite" Fries
Shirley brought smiley fries that she got from Wal-Mart







"You smell like beef and cheese" appetizers
My mom found some beef and cheese taquitos 




The World's Greatest Cup of Coffee...with Syrup
It's just a cup of coffee with or without your choice of Rum Chata, Bailey's, or Kaluha.  I, of course, had regular coffee. 




Central Park Trees
We have peppermint ice cream trees.



What a fabulous dinner!! It definitely got us in the Christmas Spirit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment