Tonight we did a Hunger Games dinner to prepare for the Mockingjay: Part 2 dinner. Tim suggested since everyone's hungry that we should have nothing to eat... but this pregnant lady did not go for that!
For dinner we had The Capital's Lamb Stew with Rue's Dried Fruit, Mallark's Bakery Bread, Girl on Fire Cocktail, and Deadly Nightlock Berries.
The Capital's Lamb Stew with Rue's Dried Fruit
We got the recipe from this site and modified it (since we didn't want to make 5 pounds of lamb)
1lb of lamb chops cut into 2inch pieces
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 cup of flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped (divided)
1/2 cup of water
1 cup of beef stock
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 carrot, diced
2 stocks of diced celery
1 potato, cubed
1/2 cup of prunes
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1 teaspoon of dried basil
1 teaspoon of parsley
1 bay leaf
1 cup of ginger ale
1. Put lamb, salt, pepper, and flour in a bowl and coat meat evenly.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan and brown the meat. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Add garlic and onion. Saute until onion becomes golden. Add water and cook to reduce the liquid slightly, then remove from heat.
4. Place lamb and garlic mixture in a large pot. Add beef stock and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Bring mixture to a boil, cover and let simmer for twenty minutes.
5. Add the vegetables, plums, herbs, and ginger ale and simmer for thirty minutes.
Mallark's Bakery Bread
We bought rolls from the grocery store!
Girl on Fire Cocktail
8oz Mango Juice
A splash of Grenadine
Two maraschino cherries
*Tim did an awesome job layering this drink!
**I just had the mango juice, grenadine and cherries.
Deadly Nightlock Berries
Just sweet raspberries for dessert
I had thought about making a tree stump cake as a joke because this meme cracks me up every time...
Thank you for joining us tonight and may the odds be ever in your favor!