Tonight's dinner comes Tim's favorite series, James Bond. We did a Casino Royale dinner to celebrate the release of Spectre!
For tonight's dinner, we had a Monte Carlo Sandwich, Tuxedo Crackers, Red and Black Poker Skewers, Vesper Martini, and Dice Cheesecake.
Ok... so I got a little creative with this one! Since they are in Monte Carlo in the movie, I took a Classic Monte Christo Sandwich recipe and replaced the cheese with French Gruyere cheese and called it the "Monte Carlo"
1 large egg
1/3 cup of skim milk
A splash of heavy whipping cream
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
4 slices of white bread
2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
3 ounces of sliced ham
3 ounces of sliced turkey
3 ounces of Gruyere Cheese
2 tablespoons of butter
1. Whisk together egg, milk, salt and pepper until mixed, set aside
2. Cover all four slices of bread with mustard on the inside side. Add turkey, ham, and cheese to make the sandwich.
3. Melt butter in a frying pan on medium-low heat.
4. Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture coating both sides
5. Fry on each side until golden brown
6. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with raspberry jelly
Red and Black Poker Skewers
Raspberries and Blackberries on skewers
My pregnant lady drink we jokingly called "The Virgin Vesper" and it was just sprite with a lemon twist in a zazzy glass.
For the real drink, we adapted this recipe.
3oz of Bombay Sapphire
1oz of Smirnoff Vodka
1/2oz of Martini and Rossi Extra Dry Vermouth
a Lemon twist
2 green olives
Shaken, not stirred
We bought store made cheese cake and cut it into squares. Then we put mini chocolate chips on top to look like dice.
We had a fabulous dinner that was actually one of the easier ones!