We had a fabulous dinner of Mother Gothel's Hazelnut Soup, Rapunzel's Angel Hair Pasta, Ham and Cheese Biscuit Braids, Sun Punch, and Rapunzel's Towering Parfaits
Mother Gothel's (Pumpkin) Hazelnut Soup
I tweaked this from a recipe from the Disney Christmas Cookbook that you can buy here.
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3 cups of Chicken stock
1 cup of applesauce
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
15oz canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup of Panko crumbs
1/5 cup of chopped hazelnuts
1. Dice the shallots
2. Put 1.5 tablespoons of Olive Oil in a large pot over medium heat
3. Once the oil simmers, add the shallots and the salt. Cook until translucent and tender (about 7-8 minutes)
4. Add the chicken stock, applesauce, pepper, nutmeg, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar
5. Simmer for 15 minutes
6. Add sour cream and stir to combine
7. In a small pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat.
8. Add bread crumbs and stir until they are crisp and golden (3minutes)
9. Pour in hazelnuts and toast for 2 more minutes.
10. Put soup in each bowl and top with the desired amount of hazelnut mixture.
Rapunzel's Angel Hair Pasta
Cook pasta according to box directions.
Top with butter and parmesan cheese
Ham and Cheese Biscuit Braids
I got this recipe from the Disney Princess cookbook and changed a few things. You can buy the book here!
1 cup of Flour
1/4 cup of cornmeal
2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup of diced ham
1/3 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of milk
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a bowl
3. Cut up cold butter into several small pieces
4. Mix in butter with flour mixture and working in the butter with your hands
5. Stir in ham and cheese
6. Add milk and work the mixture with your hands until it starts to look like dough
7. Sprinkle some flour on a cutting board and on your rolling pin.
8. Roll out dough until about a 1/2 inch thick and cut in half.
9. Cut each half into nine long pieces (18 total)
10. Use three strips for each biscuit and braid (should have six total)
11. Place each braid on a cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes
*note that don't really turn as golden brown as you'd expect. Check the bottom after about 11minutes.
Found in the same cookbook as the Biscuit Braids, just altered it a bit.
2 cups of lemonade
2 cups of orange juice
3 cups of seltzer water
Rapunzel's Towering Parfaits
Found in the same cookbook as the Sun Punch and Biscuit Braids
Layer your parfaits in this order: lemon pudding, blackberries, and cool whip and repeat!
We had a great dinner! So fun to revisit old meals!