For dinner we had After Midnight Pumpkin Risotto, Jaq and Gus's Cheese Tray, Anastasia and Drizella's Envious Green Beans, Glass Slipper Cocktail, and to top it off, Glass Slipper Cupcakes.
The After Midnight Pumpkin Risotto: I found a great recipe and adapted it here http://www.pineappleandcoconut.com/recipes/creamy-maple-bacon-pumpkin-risotto/
4 sliced of Bacon, Diced
2 cups of Apple Juice
4 cups of chicken broth
Leeks (one bundle)
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups of rice
1 cup of white cooking wine
1/4 freshly grated nutmeg
1 tsp of sea salt
1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
1 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. In a deep pot cook bacon for about 10 minutes until crispy and well done. Remove and drain out most of the bacon fat.
2. In the remaining fat, cook the leeks for about 8 minutes. They don't caramelize the same as onions, so you'll want to keep an eye on them to avoid burning!
3. Add in garlic and nutmeg for about a minute.
4. Add rice and wine. Stir until rice soaked up.
5. Add in 1/2 cup of chicken stock. Stir until absorbed.
6. Add in 1/4 cup of apple juice. Stir until absorbed.
7. Repeat until you've used 4 cups of chicken stock and 2 cups of apple juice.
8. Mix in Pumpkin Puree, maple syrup, bacon, salt, pepper, parsley to taste, and a little parmesan cheese
Jaq and Gus's Cheese Tray:
Tim is the KING of cheese trays. This is what he put together!
Harvarti with Caraway
Creamy Gouda with Basil and Garlic
White Stilton with Cranberries
Sun dried Tomato Water Crackers
Water Crackers baked with Roasted Garlic and Herbs
Plain Water Crackers
Anastasia and Drizella's Envious Green Beans:
Cook 2 cups of frozen green beans in salted boiling water for about six minutes. Serve while hot.
Glass Slipper Cocktail:
I found this cocktail on this blog: http://www.inhealthyhabitswetrust.com/2014/02/a-birthday-cocktail-fit-for-princess.html
1 Part Whipped Cream Vodka
1 Part Hypnotiq
1 Part Gatorade Cool Blue
Fill with Cream Soda
Glass Slipper Cupcakes:
I found the recipe here: http://natashaskitchen.com/2012/06/29/perfect-vanilla-cupcake-recipe/
I will admit… these gave me a pretty hard time!!! The cupcakes got so large that I had to trim the outside rim of each cupcake. The frosting was too runny and I had to add more powdered sugar. PROCEED WITH CAUTION!
1 1/4 cups of cake flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup of buttermilk
8oz Cream Cheese
4 drops Blue Food Coloring
2.5 cups powdered
1.5 cups of heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Blue Pearl Sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake tin with liners.
2. In a kitchen aid mixer, beat two eggs for 30 seconds.
3. Add sugar and beat for 30 more seconds
4. Add vanilla and vegetable oil and beat for a minute
5. Add buttermilk while on low.
6. Add cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt until well mixed.
7. Pour batter into lined muffin pan until each one is 1/2 full. (I didn't listen to this part… shame on me.. they sorta exploded everywhere…
8. Bake for about 14 minutes and set aside until cool. Once cool begin decorating.
Whip the whipping cream on high sped until fluffy and add the rest of the ingredients in until stiff.
Spread frosting with a rubber spatula over the cupcake.
Cut the Pirouettes to resemble the heel of a stiletto.
Using the white icing as glue, assemble shoe, milano cookie, and pirouette cookie.
Then top with sprinkles!
Not flawless but pretty good!
This movie got me pretty excited for the live action one!!