We did a dinner for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! We had our friends Nate and Alyssa over and they really got into the spirit!
For dinner, we had Quidditch Player's Chicken Pot Pie, Kreacher's French Onion Soup, Fiery Baby Dragon Wings, Veritaserum Cocktail, and Golden Snitch Truffles.
Quidditch Player's Chicken Pot Pie
I cooked a frozen chicken pot pie from the grocery store.
Kreacher's French Onion Soup
I found the recipe here and tweaked it a bit!
2 Tablespoons of butter
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 large red onion, sliced
1 large yellow onion, sliced
24oz of chicken broth
7oz of beef broth
1 Tablespoon of red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon of dried parsley
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
4 thick slices of French bread
8 slices of Gruyere cheese
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
4 dashes of paprika
1. Melt butter in a large pot on medium high heat. Stir in salt, and onions until caramelized.
2. Mix chicken broth, beef broth, red wine vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce into a medium pot. Add in parsley and thyme.
3. In the onion pot, add both vinegars and season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep on low.
4. Mix together onions and broth mixture.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese in the bottom of four bowls.
6. Fill with soup, sprinkle with a dash of paprika, and place 2 slices of Gruyere cheese on top.
7. Stir cheese until it melts and enjoy! Serve with French bread!
*You can put the bowls in the oven and use the broiler but on this particular day our apartment was quite warm.
Fiery Baby Dragon Wings
I got hot wings from the Hornbacher's deli.
2oz of bourbon
2oz of Butterscotch Schnapps
Fill with Redd's Apple Cider
Golden Snitch Truffles
I cut out paper wings and attached them to Ferrero Rocher truffles.
We had a great time!
If you like this post, check out our post to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.